Here’s everything you need to know to get the most out of AirPods, and how to connect them to an iPhone.
When Apple first unveiled the AirPods, the world was immediately captivated. These are the first wireless headphones that look like a pair of water-resistant, high-quality earbuds that came from the future. It was almost like Apple had created the future.
Note: Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on on your iPhone before you connect your AirPods to it. To do so, navigate to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure the Bluetooth slider is turned on. When the slider is green, you know Bluetooth is turned on.
How to Pair Your AirPods with Your iPhone
- Put your AirPods in their case and close it to connect them to an iPhone. Then, on your iPhone’s home screen, open the AirPods case and hold it next to your iPhone. Finally, when the setup screen appears, hit Connect.
- Close the case with your AirPods inside. Keep the AirPods in their case for 15 seconds before removing them.
Note: Before you try to connect your AirPods, make sure they’re fully charged.
- Then go to the main screen of your iPhone.
- You can accomplish this on previous iPhones by pushing the Home button at the bottom of the screen. You’ll need to quickly slide up from the bottom of your screen on an iPhone X or newer.
- Then, next to your iPhone, open your AirPods case.
Keep your AirPods in the open case as close to your iPhone as possible for the greatest performance.
- Then, when you see the setup prompt appear on your iPhone, hit Connect. If you’re linking your AirPods to this iPhone for the first time, the setup popup will walk you through other options, like as enabling the “Hey Siri” capability.
- Finally, to connect your AirPods, follow the on-screen directions and tap Done.
You can also bypass all the steps by tapping the “x” in the pop-up window’s top-right corner.
Once you’ve connected your AirPods to your iPhone, each time you put them in your ears, they should automatically reconnect. You won’t have to go through the setup procedure; instead, a little message will display at the top of your screen, indicating that your AirPods have been linked.
You may need to manually link your AirPods to an iPhone if you don’t see the Connect button or are experiencing trouble pairing them with an iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
How to Connect Your AirPods to an iPhone Manually
Put your AirPods in their case and close it to manually pair them to your iPhone. Then, with the case open next to your iPhone, press and hold the case’s back button until you see a blinking white light. Lastly, when it displays on your screen, tap Connect.
If you have the AirPods Pro, the Status light will be on the front of your case. This light will be visible on the inside of your case if you have an earlier model.
ALSO SEE: HOW TO CONNECT A MACBOOK TO A TV