How to Connect a MacBook to a TV
This article explains how to connect your MacBook computer to your TV, including using a cable to connect them or connecting wirelessly with AirPlay and a smart TV.
What’s the Best Way to Connect My MacBook to My TV?
It’s convenient to be able to connect your MacBook pc to television for streaming, gaming, or working on a larger screen. If you have a smart TV, AirPlay is the most convenient way to connect your MacBook to it.
Make sure your MacBook and smart TV are both connected to the same network and turned on before you try to link them.
- Go to Settings > Displays on your Macbook.
- Select the AirPlay Display option from the dropdown menu.
- Select a smart TV or other devices to serve as a display for your MacBook.
- A little window may show on your smart TV once the link is made. Select Gather Windows on your MacBook screen to bring all of your windows together and extend your screen so you can utilize your TV as a second monitor for your MacBook. After that, you can utilize your TV as a second monitor.
- If you wish to mirror your MacBook screen to your smart TV, go to Display Settings > Arrangement and select Mirror Display.
When you’re done and want to unplug the monitor, follow the steps above and select Off in Step 3.
Alternatively, you can pick Screen Mirroring from the Control Center on your menu bar, then select the TV you want to mirror your screen to. After you’ve established a connection, you may choose whether to mirror or extend your display. When you’re done, go back to Screen Mirroring and click the name of the TV you’ve linked to disconnect it.
Can I Plug a MacBook Into My TV?
You can use a wired connection to your MacBook if you have an older model TV or MacBook that doesn’t have AirPlay capabilities. The sort of cable you’ll need is determined by the model of MacBook you have and the computer’s connections.
You might also have to decide whether to utilize a cable that links directly from your MacBook to your TV, such as a Thunderbolt to HDMI cable. Alternatively, you can utilize an adaptor that connects to your MacBook and gives adaptive ports. A Thunderbolt adapter, for example, connects to your Macbook and accepts HDMI or DVI cables.
Once you’ve connected, go to Settings > Display to adjust your display settings and resolution for the greatest picture quality.
The advantage of using a cable connection to your TV is that once you’ve set it up, you can close your MacBook and use it as a computer display with a wireless keyboard and mouse.