While there are some features that fall by the wayside when using AirPods on an Android device, you won’t find any issues pairing them and listening to all the content you want on your phone like any other Bluetooth headset.
Would you like to change the name of AirPods on Android? You may not like the default name that appears in the Bluetooth settings or it has taken a name that is difficult to identify with the device. But don’t worry, you can change the name of AirPods on Android with just a few steps.
How to change the name of AirPods on Android
If you have already paired other Bluetooth devices on your Android mobile, you will see that the dynamics to change the name of the AirPods do not differ at all.
The only difference is that your mobile may need to have the AirPods connected to perform the following steps:
- Go to Bluetooth settings. You can press the Bluetooth icon from the shortcuts or go to Settings >> Bluetooth
- Open the list of paired devices, or available devices if you have AirPods connected
- Click on the name of the AirPods to take you to the option «Change name»
- You will see that it opens the text window for you to write the name you want to assign to the AirPods and save the changes.
The settings may change depending on the mobile you have, but the steps are the same to change the name of a Bluetooth device. If it doesn’t appear in the list even when you have your AirPods connected, the pairing process may not have worked.
You can try pairing them again by following these steps:
- Open the AirPods case and press and hold the button while the LED starts flashing white.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your mobile and activate it to start searching for new devices
- When the AirPods appear on the list, click on the name to start the pairing process.
You will see that once you give the usual permissions you will already have the AirPods paired on your Android mobile.