The Ultimate Showdown: Cloudways vs Namecheap. Who Wins?
Cloudways vs Namecheap – Which Is The Better Web Hosting Provider?
Choosing the right web hosting company is a critical decision for any business. It can be hard to know which company will best meet your needs, especially when there are so many to choose from.
Cloudways and Namecheap are both web hosting providers that have their pros and cons. In this blog post, we will compare the two providers to see which one can best serve you.
Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting provider that offers users the ability to choose from five different cloud providers: Amazon Web Services, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud Platform, Kyup, and Vultr.
Namecheap, on the other hand, is an affordable domain name registrar and web hosting, provider.
When it comes to pricing, Cloudways is less affordable than Namecheap. Cloudways starts at $10/month, while Namecheap starts at $1.88/month for the first year and $3.88/month for subsequent years.
However, Cloudways offers a wide variety of features that are not available with Namecheap. These features include automatic server scaling, one-click application installs, cloud firewall protection plus better customer support.
Namecheap does offer some features that Cloudways does not, such as SSD storage and free private SSL certificates. However, the features that Cloudways offers are more beneficial and important for most users.
Overall, Cloudways is the better option when compared to Namecheap. Although less affordable, you only get to pay for the resources you use. It also offers more features and has better customer support. But don’t take my word for it, let’s compare their features so you can make an informed decision.
Cloudways is a managed cloud hosting platform that makes it easy for you to host your website on the cloud. It was founded in 2009 by Pere Hospital, Aaqib Javed, and Tariq Ahmed and is headquartered in Malta.
Cloudways provides a simple and easy-to-use graphical interface, so you don’t need any prior experience with the cloud in order to use it. You can also choose from a variety of applications, including WordPress, Magento, Drupal and Laravel.
Cloudways also offers a wide variety of features, such as server cloning and staging, Git integration, one-click backups, 24/7 support and more. You can also monitor your website’s performance in real-time using Cloudways’ Console.
ALSO, READ; CLOUDWAYS IPV6 – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Some of the key features of Cloudways include:
- One-click installation and management of applications on top cloud providers.
- 24/7 customer support.
- ThunderStack: A powerful combination of caching, storage, security, and database solutions for optimum performance of your applications.
- SSH/SFTP Access: Secure shell terminal access and file transfer protocol to manage your applications with ease.
- Server Cloning: Clone your server instances with a single click to speed up the deployment of new applications.
- Server Backups: Schedule automatic backups of your server instances to protect your data from accidental loss or corruption.
- Pay as you go plans
Cloudways offers a pay-as-you-go pricing model that scales with your business. You can start with as little as $10/month and only pay for the resources you consume.
Cloudways has a number of features that make it an attractive option for businesses. Some of these features include:
- Easy deployment of applications on top of cloud providers.
- 24/7 support from experts in the field.
- 1-click cloning and migration of applications between servers.
- Automated backups and restores
- Impressive uptime
- Choose from Multiple Server Locations
There are a few disadvantages to using Cloudways:
- Does not offer domain registration services
- It can be more expensive than other hosting options
Namecheap is a web hosting company that offers domain name registration, web hosting, email hosting, SSL certificates, website builder tools, and WhoisGuard. It was founded in 2000 by Richard Kirkendall. Namecheap is one of the world’s largest domain name registrars. As of July 2017, it was the third-largest ICANN-accredited registrar in the world with over 8 million domains under management.
Namecheap offers a wide range of web hosting services starting from as little as $1.88 per month. These include shared hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting, and Dedicated Server hosting.
Namecheap has won several awards, including the PCMag Editors’ Choice Award for domain name registrars and the Web Hosting Reviews Readers’ Choice Award for the best web hosting providers.
Namecheap is a popular web hosting company that offers a variety of services, including domain registration, web hosting, email hosting, and SSL certificates. They are most well-known for their affordable prices and excellent customer service.
Namecheap offers both domain registration and transfers, as well as free WHOIS privacy. You can register a new domain name or transfer an existing domain name to Namecheap. They have a variety of TLDs (Top-Level Domains) to choose from, including .com, .net, .org, and many more.
Namecheap offers both shared and VPS web hosting plans. Their shared plans start at just $2.88/month and include unlimited storage, bandwidth, and websites. Their VPS plans start at just $9.88/month and include 2GB of RAM, 40GB of storage, and unlimited bandwidth.
Namecheap offers both POP3 and IMAP email hosting with SMTP authentication. You can create up to 5 email addresses for free, or upgrade to a premium account for more features and storage space.
Namecheap offers both SSL certificates with malware scanning. Their SSL certificates are some of the most affordable on the market, and they offer a great variety of options for both personal and business use.
One of the great things about Namecheap is its malware scanning. Any time you get an SSL certificate from them, they will scan your website for malware and viruses. This is a great added security measure, and it can help to keep your website safe from attacks.
Domain name and web hosting company, Namecheap, offers some of the most competitive pricing in the industry. For example, their.COM domain names are only $8.98 and renew at $13.98 per year. In addition to their low prices, Namecheap also offers a wide variety of features, including free whois privacy protection and unlimited bandwidth and storage.
Namecheap also offers a wide variety of web hosting plans, starting at just $1.88 per month. All of their plans come with a free domain name, unlimited storage, and unlimited bandwidth. They also offer a money-back guarantee on all of their hosting packages.
Namecheap has a long list of pros that make it one of the top choices for businesses and individuals. Some of the key benefits include:
- Excellent customer service – Namecheap offers 24/7 customer support through phone, email, and chat. They also have an extensive knowledge base and support forum to help customers troubleshoot any issues.
- Namecheap offers a wide range of domain, hosting, and eCommerce services to help businesses get online.
- Affordable prices – Namecheap is one of the most affordable providers in the industry, offering competitive prices on its services.
- Unlimited storage – Namecheap offers unlimited storage for websites and emails, so you’ll never have to worry about running out of space.
- Free Whois Guard & privacy
While Namecheap is a reliable and affordable option for domain names and web hosting, there are a few potential downsides to using its services.
- Namecheap may be less expensive than other options, but their service quality can be lower as a result. For instance, their uptime is relatively lower compared to Cloudways
- Domain renewal at $13.98 after the first year can be a bit expensive compared to other registrars
- Customer support with Namecheap can be less than satisfactory at times. In some cases, they can be unresponsive and slow to help.
Cloudways vs Namecheap (Comparison)
|Storage||25 GB||20 GB|
|No of Domains||Unlimited||3|
Cloudways or Namecheap, Which Hosting Should You Choose?
Cloudways and Namecheap are both great options for hosting your website. They both offer a range of features and benefits that can be helpful for businesses of all sizes. However, they each have their strengths and weaknesses.
This article compared Cloudways and Namecheap, two popular web hosting providers. Cloudways is a managed hosting provider that offers cloud-based hosting solutions, while Namecheap is a budget-friendly provider that offers shared and reseller hosting plans.
The decision on which host to go for clearly lies in your hands and the amount of your budget. If you are looking for a great host with more advanced features and at a decent price, then you should go for Cloudways. But if you are on a tight budget, and not necessarily interested in “those” extra features but looking for more affordable hosting, then Namecheap is for you.
Comment and let us know which platform you prefer and why. We would love to hear from you.
ALSO, SEE; BEST WEB HOSTING FOR YOUR PERSONAL WEBSITES