10 Best Earphones Under $500 That Will Up Your Music Game
Different people have different preferences when it comes to earphones. Some people prefer earphones that are small and discreet, while others prefer ones that have more features and are more customizable. However, there is one thing everyone can agree on: the best earphones are the ones that sound great and don’t break the bank.
In this article, we will recommend ten of the best earphones that you can buy for under 500 dollars. We’ll also provide a brief overview of each earphone, so you can make an informed decision about which one is right for you.
So whether you’re an audiophile or just looking for a great pair of earphones, read on for our top picks for the best earphones under $500.
What to look for while buying earphones
When it comes to choosing earphones, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. You’ll want to consider the type of earphones you want. There are in-ear, on-ear, and over-ear earphones, and each has its advantages and disadvantages. In-ear earphones are small and unobtrusive, but they can be uncomfortable for some people. On-ear earphones are a bit bigger, but they’re usually more comfortable than in-ear earphones. Over-ear earphones are the biggest and most comfortable, but they can be a bit bulky and inconvenient to carry around.
Below are other factors to consider when deciding on what earphones to buy:
- Sound quality: One important thing to look for in earphones is quality of the sound. You want to make sure that the earphone you buy will be coming with good sound quality so you can enjoy your music to the fullest.
- Comfort: It’s important to buy earphones that are comfortable to wear for long periods. Look for ones that have soft ear cups or earbuds that won’t hurt your ears after wearing them for a while.
- Durability: You want to make sure your earphones will last for a long time, so look for ones that are made with durable materials. Look for earphones that have a metal or plastic casing around the earbuds to protect them from damage.
- Compatibility: Make sure the earphones you choose are compatible with your device. You don’t want to end up with earphones that don’t work with your phone or MP3 player.
The best earphones under 500 dollars
So without further ado, here are some great earphones that you can get today for under $500:
Etymotic Research is a company that specializes in the development of high-fidelity in-ear earphones. The company’s flagship product is the ER4XR, a pair of earphones that promises to deliver studio-quality sound in a portable package.
The ER4XR is made with a number of high-end materials, including a titanium-coated driver and a durable Kevlar-reinforced cable. The earphones also feature a detachable cable, a handy feature for those who want to be able to swap out cables or use a wireless connection.
So how do the ER4XR earphones sound? In a word, fantastic! The earphones have a warm, full-bodied sound that is well-balanced across the frequency spectrum. The highs are smooth and detailed, the mids are clear and present, and the bass is tight and impactful.
The ER4XR earphones are also very comfortable to wear, thanks to their soft silicone ear tips. The earphones come with a variety of ear tip sizes to ensure a good fit for everyone, and they stay securely in place even when you’re sweating.
Overall, the Etymotic Research ER4XR earphones are an excellent choice for anyone who wants studio-quality sound in a portable package. They’re well-built and comfortable, and they sound incredible.
- Clear, punchy bass response
- Dynamic and revealing sound stage
- Excellent passive noise isolation
- Great variety of accessories and ear tip choices for optimum performance
- Solid build quality
- Might be uncomfortable for some people
The Audio-Technica ATH-R70x is a pair of high-end, professional-grade studio headphones. They are designed for use in recording studios and offer superior sound quality and comfort. These headphones are made with professional recording in mind, and they deliver accurate, natural sound. The ATH-R70x headphones have a wide frequency response and large, comfortable ear cups. They also feature a detachable cable and a folding design for easy storage. If you are looking for a pair of high-quality, professional-grade studio headphones, the Audio-Technica ATH-R70x is a great choice.
- Very neutral frequency response
- Lightweight build
- Exceptional long session comfort
- Great adaptive Ness.
- Increased sub-bass extension
- Completely flat frequency response
- Limited cable options
- May not properly fit smaller heads
- Extraordinary bass response
- Warm, natural, detailed sound
- Very comfortable
- Great build quality
- May be heavy for some people
If you’re an audiophile, there’s a good chance you’ve heard of Shure—they’ve been around since 1925. This time around they haven’t disappointed with their SE535-V high definition sound isolating earphones (with a mic). These earbuds are specially designed to provide excellent sound quality and have a detachable cord that eliminates tangling. The buds also come with three sizes of silicone ear tips and three sizes of foam ear tips, so the wearer can customize them according to the shape and size of their ears. The silicone sleeves provide a snug fit in your ear canal that reduces outside noise while the foam sleeves allow some external sound to filter through.
- Incredible sound quality
- Thick cables prevent tangling and microphonics
- Outstanding passive noise cancellation
- Comfortable to wear for long listening sessions
- Prohibitively expensive for most people
- More difficult to insert into ears than the competition
The Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earbuds offer a totally wireless high-performance listening experience. With up to 9 hours of listening time on a single charge and more than 24 hours with the included charging case, you can enjoy your music all day long. The ear hooks are adjustable for a secure and comfortable fit, and the earphones are designed to be sweat and waterproof, making them perfect for tough workouts or running. The Powerbeats Pro headphones support Spatial Audio for an immersive music, movie, and gaming experience. With its surround sound capabilities, you can enjoy your favorite content anywhere you go.
- Pretty good sound isolation.
- Great sound for Truly wireless, I think.
- Great fit for exercise.
- Good battery life.
- Fits well into the ear as it is a bit smaller than what I initially expected.
- The bass isn’t as deep as some of its in-ear competitors but is good enough
- The mic quality can be improved
- It may not be a great fit for people with small ear
- Great for long listening without getting fatigued
- Strong sound and imaging
- Long enough cables
- Not good in a noisy environment
- The bass is good but not great
Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones with Auto Noise Canceling Optimizer, Crystal Clear Hands-Free Calling, and Alexa Voice Control.
The M5s is one of my favorite headphones. They made a name for themselves with smart noise-canceling features and excellent sound quality, and at $398, they’re in prime position to take over as Sony’s flagship noise-canceling cans. Their sound is just as rich and detailed as ever, but it’s also now augmented by their sense engine which enhances the way your music sounds based on what you’re doing—whether that’s biking or working out, or commuting. I can’t think of another set of wireless headphones that sounds this good while still delivering all the high-tech benefits we’ve come to expect from our headsets. Highly recommended!
- Amazing sound quality
- Top-notch battery life including a fast charge feature
- Automatically cancels out all noise based on your environment
- Great for phone calls
- Great connectivity
- The new design is less portable
- No water resistance
- More expensive than previous models
- Not a gigantic upgrade over the still-excellent WH-1000XM4
Starting at $299, these headphones are lightweight and foldable, making them a good choice if you want something that’s going to be portable. They’re not noise-canceling headphones, but they do have a noise-isolating design that’s really great at blocking out most outside sound. While they don’t come with a carrying case, they do have their own little canvas carrying pouch so you can keep them in good shape while traveling or when storing them in your backpack or purse. Reviewers said they were surprised by how rich the sound was coming from these small earbuds, which is usually not what people expect from Bluetooth earbuds.
- Accurate, mids-focused sound signature.
- Simple, lightweight, classic design.
- Offered with dedicated Android or iOS inline remote controls.
- Bass is not so great
FiiO’s FA9 earphones are a great option if you’re looking for high-quality sound without breaking the bank. These earphones feature six balanced armature drivers and an MMCX connector, making them durable and easy to use. Plus, the detachable cable means you can easily replace it if it ever gets damaged. And with features like an in-line microphone, volume control, and remote call answer/hang-up button on the cord, these earphones make sure that you’re never without your phone.
- Great sound quality
- Comfortable in the ears
- Bass can be improved
The Bose QuietComfort 35 II is a noise-canceling headphone that offers excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit. It’s a great choice for those who want to block out the world and enjoy their music or podcasts in peace as it utilizes advanced noise-canceling technology to effectively block out external noise. They also feature a lightweight design and soft ear cushions that make them comfortable to wear for extended periods. The headphones are also equipped with Bluetooth for easy wireless connection to your devices. If you’re looking for a top-quality noise-canceling headphone, the Bose QuietComfort 35 II is a great option.
To take advantage of your Bose QC 35 II’s features, download the Bose Connect app (iOS/Android). The app will first try to find the headset, and then ask you to swipe it down to finish pairing. This is aided by a small voice giving directions in your ear. After you select your language and pick a nickname, you’ll get to the action button setup. Here, you can choose between Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and an active noise cancellation toggle.
- Wired audio
- Customizable controls
- Excellent ANC
- Strong connection
- SBC and AAC only, no aptX
- No software EQ
After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that the best earphones under 500 dollars are the ones listed in this article. Not only are they comfortable to wear, but they also come with great sound quality, and are very durable. If you are looking for a good pair of earphones, and your budget is not more than $500, we hope you can finally make a pick.